Wednesday, December 22, 2010

A Frilly Little Accessory

Remember when I made this Frilly Dilly bag for my friend Fiona's birthday earlier in the year?

She also received a new iphone for her birthday which she loves half to death....and let's face it, who wouldn't? So for Christmas I thought I'd make her a matching iphone pouch.

Seriously, this is one of the cutest things ever! The pattern is from Janelle Wind's book, Pieces of Me.
I also got busy and put the borders on my Gardeners Journal Stitch-A Long quilt...

...forgot to edit the photo...forgive me :) The borders have really balanced the bright colours beautifully....I couldn't be happier with the way it turned out! So tomorrow it will go to the quilters, and she can work her magic on it....quilting is really not my thing :)
Only a few sleeps to go....
TTFN xxx

9 comments:

Tracey Holdyk said...

Okay very cute... just remember its my birthday in Feb. LOL
love me :-)

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

Your Gardeners Journal Quilt top is looking fabulous Susan - what a difference the borders make - it really showcases your beautiful stitching.

Love the Frilly Dilly and matching iphone pouch.

Enjoy all your last minute Christmas preparations:)

Kiwifruit-Shiree said...

your quilt looks great Suzi, and you are so right about the borders,
I have been following your progress on December daily, what a super job you are making of your album. Mine is there is spirit, and I have been jotting journal stuff down, after Christmas....and taking lots of photos of course.

Chookyblue...... said...

the ipod cover matched perfectly with the bag......and the Gardener's Journal......well what can I say.........fantastic to have it done....and can't wait to see it quilted..........then end is in sight.........

Lisa said...

What a lucky friend you have Suzie! Both the purse and the iphone cover are terrific! Your quit top is just gorgeous!! I love the borders, you're right it balances perfectly.

Thanks for popping in over at my blog too, I think I'm outnumbered on the binding my machine issue. I'm going to have to learn to enjoy the binging process... but it's winter now, so mabye sitting with a quilt on your lap for a few hours isn't such a bad thing after all. Thanks for weighing in, I appreciate your very talented and experienced opinion :o)

Janellybelly said...

Your quilt top looks A-MA-ZING!!! Love the matching iphone pouch too.
Happy Christmas Eve, Eve ;)
Love Janelle xx

Tracey said...

Great to see your finished quilt.......it is so pretty, I love it! And the ipod cover, so cool! Lucky friend!
December Daily...thats great too! You are so talented.....master of all trades, as they say!
Merry Christmas

Linda said...

Your quilt looks great, i cant wait to see it IRL hope it doesn't take too long for the QUILTER to do her business. The I phone pocket looks oh so cute. How is your baking going.
All that i can do now is done until tomorrow.
xx

Jill said...

Okay, how did I miss these posts?? That purse and pouch are soooo adorable! I love ruffles. I love them a lot. I love your fabric choices too~ so great! AND... I LOVE that beautiful quilt!! That border is so perfect~ the whole thing is perfect! Love love love it!
Hugs,
Jill