Thursday, December 9, 2010

Christmas Favourites

Inspired by a post here the other day, I thought I'd share some of our favourite Christmas books that we are reading :)


This Spot one has always been a favourite, but more so this year now that Merryn can read it herself.

A beautiful story, especially if you are an Angelina Ballerina fan (and what little girl isn't?)

This one is probably our most favourite...the kids love to play the parts of the seagulls, and it has a lovely ending.


A new favourite this year...now that the kids are old enough to understand the humour in it a bit more :)



And what favourite Christmas book list would be complete without this classic? Love the movie, too :)
Each December, we put all of our Christmas books into a basket near our Christmas tree, and read one (or more) each night leading up to Christmas day. It's such a beautiful way to end such busy busy days :)
TTFN xxx

2 comments:

meg said...

This one touched my heart! My daughter told me (in September) she wanted to institute the reading of one Christmas book a day in December to her son (who will be one Dec. 21.) I started collecting some for her and thus discovered "The Littlest Angel". Beautiful! I told my husband he was going to have to read that one. I cry. Our Christmas Eve
family book tradition is a book called "Santa Cows". Yes. We're a little off-kilter but it's our tradition!

Tracey Holdyk said...

Thanks for the reminder, we usually have a basket of christmas books too but we had forgotten this year.
love me :-)