Saturday, December 18, 2010

Make or break :)

Today was make or break day for my December Daily album...and I knew it :)

I've had a busy week (which I'm sure we all have!!) and have let my DD slide. I knew if I didn't do some pages today, I'd probably get too overwhelmed with it, and put it in my too-hard basket, never to see the light of day again :(

So, I'm ignoring my messy house, my roof-high ironing pile, my unmade Christmas cards, and my husband and children playing in the pool, and working on my December Daily...and this is what I've got so far...


I popped an envelope next to last Saturday's page (14 days to go) to hold the Carols by Candlelight program, that we went to on Sunday night...

...and added the photo and journaling on the other side.

On Monday we threw a Baby Shower in Merryn's classroom for her Teachers Assistant(s) and two of the Mum's who are expecting...such fun!


I punched holes in one of the invitations, and popped it in the centre as a memento. I decorated 2 dozen cupcakes with yellow jellybeans cut in half, and piped some icing dots for toes :) The idea came straight from Cupcakes by Colour, a Women's Weekly cookbook...easy, but very effective. I asked the families of the class to contribute 4 baby items each (like 4 packs of baby wipes, 4 singlets etc) and made up some giftbags for each of the expectant Mum's...the smell was enough to make me clucky! LOL

Tuesday was Riley's graduation assembly...another envelope added to hold the invitation and order of service.

He won the award for Academic Achievement (Dux of the year)...we were both struggling to hold back the tears!
And that's it for now...more to come soon!
I thought you might like to see this cute gift card pouch I made ...

I used my very cute labels from Sweetwater, and blanket stitched it all together.


A cute way to give a giftcard, I thought :)
OK...better get moving...still a few more days to catch up on!
TTFN xxx

6 comments:

Janellybelly said...

Congratulations Riley for receiving the Dux Award!
Congratulations Susan for catching up on your DD ;)

Jill said...

Your album is so wonderful~ and so full of special memories.

I love your little giftcard pouch. The cute label and those perfect stitches were just the right touch!

Hugs,
Jill

Tracey Holdyk said...

I got to see your very beautiful DD last night and its just wonderful. Thanks for such a great night.
love me :-)

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

How proud you must be of Riley - what an amazing achievement and a terrific end to his primary school days. Your album is looking wonderful - what a sweet way to record your favourite time of year. Hope you are enjoying the countdown:)

Creative Busy Bee said...

You have a very beautiful album.

Linda said...

Susan your DD looks wonderful IRL so bright and cheery and i love that cute little pouch how gorgeous. You should put up your SECRET recipe for rum balls as they were DELICIOUS.
xx