Tuesday, September 30, 2008

And finally....

...here is my ballet fairy block, which is actually called "Gift Angel" in the instructions. This is one of the larger blocks in the quilt, so took me a little longer to complete :).


She also took a bit longer because there was a bit more stitching to do, too. The ballet slippers are satin stitched, and I actually was stitching those while I was waiting for Lydia to do her dance exams a couple of weeks back...appropriate, I thought.


So now I'm back to choosing fabrics and preparing a block for stitching...and you know that's my favourite bit :).

Onto cardmaking..

This weeks Copycatcard challenge is to create a Christmas card using the colour blue, and this is what I made...


The bits that look dark are actually silver, and I Cuttlebugged the white spots onto the paper...love this little machine :). Why not make a start on your Chrissy cards and give this challenge a go?

That's about it for today! Not much scrapping happening, due to constantly hungry children LOL, but if you want to see something funny...pop over to the Scrapsidaisy forum. The girls have challenged (bullied???) us into posting our very first LOs, and there are some absolute classics!

Have a great Tuesday...it's still raining here so our afternoon at the park is not looking good :(

2 comments:

Linda said...

Nice card and as per usual beautiful stitching, satin stitch is definately not my thing. I have done all of my chrissy cards and today I DID my LO with machine stitching. and guess what? it didn't hurt my machine ha ha..
xx Linda

Vicki said...

I have also started on my christmas cards but still have many more to make! I am having fun helping the kids do christmas shopping at the moment as all my family never know what to buy them, they love choosing their own gifts! Now, they just need to try and forget what they are until Christmas day!!!! Enjoy the school holidays...Vicki