Thursday, September 18, 2008

Telling the story...

To me, the hobby of scrapbooking is so much more than just pretty paper (as much as I LURVE pretty paper LOL). It's a way of sorting through my thoughts, and having some 'me time', and recording the milestones in my family's lives. It's also a way to tell the story, if you like, of me...who I am, where I've come from, and perhaps explain a little of why I am the way I am. This is why most pages that I create have journaling on them...to me, it's ALL about the story.

Some of my journaling goes pretty deep....which is why I have chosen to erase the words on the following page.


As much as I believe in writing the story, I am not into "putting it all out there", especially on a publicly accessible weblog. So, please forgive me for not sharing the words with you :)
The LO, on the other hand....well, I am liking the way this one turned out! Kraft cardstock again, and some handstitching around the hand cut heart. I saw this idea a few months back somewhere, and loved the way it looked. The paper is by Little Yellow Bicycle, a fairly new brand which I am loving! It didn't grab me at first, but once I had bought some...well, it is now a favourite! Can't wait for their new Christmas lines which were released at CHA.
A big thank you to everyone who has left me a comment here on the blog. It is always a highlight of my day to read them :) and I appreciate every single one of them. If you haven't....I would love to hear from you! Have a wonderful day xxx

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So cool to meet you the other day. Thanks for the yummies and for the great conversations. Your little girl is adorable!

Next time I* will come to you! Yay!

Huge hugs
e

Tracey Holdyk said...

Thanks for your comment about the journalling. It is so important that LO have journalling that tell the story, what ever that is. Keep up the good work Tracey :)

Linda said...

I too love to journal and do so on most of my pages. I guess i talk a lot so I find it easy to write a lot. Sometimes though my brain is talking to itself way faster than my pen is writing.
Xx Linda
PS had a busy week and haven't posted anything this week