Friday, October 31, 2008

BOO!

It's Halloween!

I know, I know.....we don't live in America, but I've noticed in the last few years that we seem to be involved in something "spooky" every year, and it's fun! Last year the kids had a Halloween disco at their school, and loved getting dressed up, and I have to admit, I had lots of fun making them all spooky too :)

This is a LO I did last year about Riley in his vampire costume...


...and how cool is the Halloween paper! I've stocked up on a few papers again this year, so expect to see some more Halloween LOs soon. Tonight the older two are off to a Halloween party, complete with trick-or -treating and pizza for dinner, and at this very minute are deciding what ghoulish colours they will be painting their faces. All good fun!

It didn't take me long to break out my DT pack from Tomorrows Memories! I have made one LO so far...



Now, you have to try to imagine the background being clear acrylic (not green) because that's what it is! It's REALLY hard to photograph it effectively...see my reflection in the photo? Take my word for it, it's clear.

Try the side view...


..you with me? Looks a bit cool IRL...just wanted to try something a bit different, and love the way it turned out! I machine stitched the patterned paper to the acrylic to stabilize the page, and inked the lace and paper doily with sepia ink. After I took this photo, I added a couple more rub-ons to the acrylic. The papers are from the Winter Wonderland Collection from Webster's Pages, and all the goodies are available from Tomorrows Memories.

Speaking of which...I copied this from the TM blog...check it out all you local girls...

We have some AMAZING, AMAZING, AMAZING offers for you.....
Make sure you read this all so you don’t miss out on some amazing deals!!!

MAKING MEMORIES SLICE GIVEAWAY
Yes – you read it right!! Starting from Saturday 1st November until Saturday 29th November 2008, every $70.00 that you spend in store (after discounts), will give you a ticket into the draw for a Slice Starter Kit valued at $299.00! The prize will be drawn in the first week of December and the winner will be notified by phone.
Check our website on www.tomorrowsmemories.com.au to find out more about the Slice and what it includes.
This is an amazing offer – so come in and do all your Christmas Shopping in the month of November to earn a ticket in the draw for this amazing prize!

WOOD MOUNTED STAMPS
Due to the popularity of Acrylic stamps, we will no longer be stocking wood mounted stamps. We are still happy to order these in for you. All wood mounted stamps in store will receive 40% off until cleared!

NOVEMBER CLASSES
As you all know, November is a busy month for us all – getting ready for Chrismas, parties, school commitments. To entice you all to book in for some of our November classes, we are offering an amazing deal.
Book one class for November and get a second class (of the same or lesser value)
In November at 50% off.

SPECIALS/CLEARANCE SECTION
We have had a lot of new stock arrive recently which has left our clearance area well stocked! Therefore we are offering 50% off the already lower marked prices for Friday 31st October and Saturday 1st November ONLY.

20% OFF STORE WIDE
For Friday 31st October and Saturday 1st November we are offering 20% off storewide. This is for floor stock only. Don’t miss this great opportunity to get all your Christmas scrapbooking items!!

Get in there if you can and grab a bargain!

OK....I had best go and help my little ghoulies...enjoy your Halloween!

TTFN xxx

3 comments:

Linda said...

OOO I'm scared. have fun tomorrow brushing out those knots.
The LO is really gorgeous, beautiful colours. I haven't been to the shop for about 5 days and see what I miss!
Have a great weekend.
xx Linda

Chris Millar said...

Good on you Suz for breaking out the transparency and trying something new!! Looks terrific!

Hope said...

I love the layout with the acetate. It is so, so pretty. Very nicely done indeed. :)