Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Inspired by Tracey...

This year, I am determined to be a little more organised for Christmas. I say it every year, but this year I am going to do it. I plan to have my Christmas cards made, handmade Christmas dresses for the girls, and gifts organised by December 1st....LOL, I wonder how I'll go :)

With this goal in mind, I had been racking my brain for gift ideas for the children's school teachers. I wanted to do something other than chocolates, or wine, or teacher coffee mugs, which is what I usually resort to because of my lack of organisation. NOT THIS YEAR!!!

The very talented Tracey (check out her blog http://alusciousjourney.blogspot.com) has come up with a brilliant idea! She made a beautiful card set as a gift for her daughters teacher, using the MM 5th Avenue Journaling Book. I saw these in real life the other day, and couldn't help but think to myself..."what a marvellous idea", AND "I have got a few journaling books in my stash", AND "what a great way to use up some stuff!" So, with her permission, I set about creating my own :)



As much as I would have liked to copy hers (they are stunning), I thought I had better put my own spin on them...


I have made two sets of these so far, and plan to use the same idea but a different journaling book (I have a few:) ) to create another couple of sets for the other teachers.



Tracey is such a talented chicky, and her seemingly never-ending supply of wonderful ideas blows me away sometimes! Thanks for the kick-start Tracey xxx

Kids are back at school today, so I am hoping to get into a bit of stitching...if I can ignore the housework for a while :)

TTFN xxx

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow what a great idea, you make it sound so easy just to nock-up a few of these stunning cards.. very talented !! I bet your mind is on the lookout for these marvellous ideas at the funniest of times. keep up the good work hun. xx

Anonymous said...

Simply stunning Suzi.. you amaze me with your wonderful creations. you sure must mind-tick on these ideas an awful lot & i bet at the wierdest of times to.. ha ha keep up the good work. Dynos Telfer

Chris Millar said...

What a super idea! I might have to use that idea myself too!!! Thanks for sharing!