Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Some days....

...are just perfect for stitching. Today is one of those days.

I woke this morning to the sound of rain on the roof (always a beautiful way to start the day) and felt a chill in the air, and thought to myself that today would be a perfect day to knock over another block for my Christmas Belles quilt.

I spent the morning catching up on my housework, so that when Merryn came home and hit me with the inevitable "Can I watch a DVD?", I would be prepared! We snuggled on the lounge together to watch the "human" version of Charlottes Web...have you seen it? It is beautiful. The book was one of my favourites as a child, and we've watched the cartoon version countless times, but the "human" version is divine! (Might have to ask Santa for my very own copy LOL)

Anyhoo... we sat and stitched the "gardening angel" block...



Isn't she sweet?

Now, when I say "we", I really do mean "we". Merryn (and the other two as well when they were younger) loves to stitch with me. She sits up nice and close, and as I poke the needle to the top of the fabric, she pulls it through. Then I stitch back down into the fabric, while she waits for the needle to pop through to the top again. It took a while (and lots of needle re-threading) before she got the feel of when to stop pulling, but now she is quite the expert. She loves it , and really, what better way is there to spend a rainy afternoon?

Very little happening on the scrapbooking front, but all that will probably change with the arrival of my new DT pack from Tomorrows Memories today, which holds lots of Christmas goodness...just as well I haven't finished scrapping all those Chrissy photos :)

Enjoy your Tuesday

TTFN xxx

2 comments:

Beckie said...

Hi Suzi, I love your quilt block it is gorgeous, and very sweet that your little girl helps you!

Helen said...

Sounds like a perfect way to spend an afternoon Suzi ... and what special memories for the kids later on as well. Love the quilt block ... just gorgeous. xo