Tuesday, October 21, 2008

I'm bringing Christmas back (yeah)..

The title of this post is a blatant take-off of Cathy Zielske (taking off Justin Timberlake LOL). Sorry, couldn't resist :) (if you read her blog, you'll understand hee hee)

Last night I went to Tomorrows Memories to do a class in the Me Myself and I Create series...the one that I mentioned last week. It was so fun! Our homework was to record all the little things we do in a normal day and take a few photos to accompany them. We then created a LO for our "ME" album. It was so cool to see what everyone does in a "normal" day...and while not all of it was exciting, I think it will be great to look back in a year or so to see how much our lives have changed. Also great for anyone in 30 or so years to see what is normal for 2008 (if my life is considered "normal"...????)


This is a peek at the top of the LO...what a cool way to record the date!

At the class I also got to chatting to Helen, a fellow scrap-a-holic (hi Helen xxx) about why we don't scrap as much as we would like. Helen said she gets a little overwhelmed at times by the sheer volume of photos that she has yet to scrap, which I can totally relate to.

Getting to the point...LOL...I think that is one reason why I am scrapping so many Christmas photos lately. I have all my Christmas photos, and papers and embellishments, sorted seperately from all my other stuff....which means it is not NEARLY so overwhelming to attack the Christmas photos. There is a finite number of them. One day I will actually get to the bottom of that pile. And some days, that is a really nice feeling :)

So here is another Christmas LO...

These are (once again) the Making Memories Fa La La papers...another good reason to scrap Christmas photos! I've used Skinny Stripe, Poinsettia Stripe, Artisan Solid and the paper poinsettia on this one.

I could, however, have an ulterior motive for all these Christmas LOs....have you seen the new Basic Grey Wassail range? YUM! I have held myself back from buying some so far, but if I was getting short on Christmas papers...I might just have to order some (wink wink). Check them out at www.scrapsidaisy.com and let me know what you think!

TTFN xxx

2 comments:

Linda said...

Love the christmas LO the papers are fabulous. I wish I could have made it Tracey's Me myself and I class they are great aren't they.
xx Linda

Linda said...

Hello me again I luv this christmas LO so much I am going to copy it.
XX Linda