Friday, October 17, 2008

When the going gets tough...

...the tough make cards! LOL

My poor husband was gobsmacked that I would put such a revolting looking photo of myself on the blog, but the way I figure it, sometimes life IS revolting! (see previous post, if you dare LOL).

I've spent the afternoon whipping up some cards for a couple of parties that we are going to on the weekend...little boy parties, in fact. I am really not good at boy cards, so kept it pretty basic. I also cheated and used the same papers...that's allowed, you know.


This is a smaller-than-usual card for a friend of my daughters...he's turning four, so I thought the dinosaurs would be a safe bet. The paper is Basic Grey Archaic. Rather than reach for the paint to colour my chipboard circle, I've inked it with some black ink...love the effect (and love not having to wash up paint gear too!)


The next is for a...can you guess?...one year old. I was tempted to do "baby boy" colours and theme, but figure he's old enough for dinosaurs! I Cuttlebugged the paper circle, inked the chipboard circle underneath, and sponged the white chipboard circle on top.

As I was flicking back through my photos on the computer, I came across this LO. It would have to be one of my favourites, so I thought I would share :)


I used some of the MM Spellbound papers, some Little Yellow Bicycle paper, and the frames are MM 5th Avenue. There's lots of stitching on it, and I just love the photos of Lydia dressed up as Fern from Charlottes Web for Book Week this year. Just goes to show that the Spellbound papers have so many more uses than JUST Halloween layouts :)

OK, that's two posts from me today, so it might be time to turn the computer off and enjoy a BBQ dinner with my family. Hope you have a great weekend, wherever you are!

TTFN xxx

3 comments:

Linda said...

Can you believe it, i was in the shop today and this LO caught my eye. The cobweb paper is perfect.
XX Linda

Julie said...

Great pages you have here. Was nice to meet you today.

Suzanne said...

Hi there, thanks for stopping by. It was nice to meet you too and I did have a feeling when I left my 1st comment that I had seen you in the shop before.
Enjoy the rest of your weekend.