Monday, December 8, 2008

ESCAPE!!!!!

I have always considered the back yard a safe place to play. A place where the kids could go and amuse themselves for a while, and not get themselves into too much trouble. I also reassured myself that while they were playing in the back yard, there was no way out (I keep a padlock on the back gate for security reasons). It seems I am VERY much mistaken LOL!

Today I was doing a bit of sewing in my front room (aka the scraproom) while Merryn was playing out the back. When I checked her she was making some mud pies (Aunty Leisa would be proud). I was concentrating on what I was doing, when I suddenly caught sight of her out the front window. I don't let her play out the front by herself, so was gobsmacked to see her there.
"Mummy....I can climb the fence now. I'm a big girl."

WHAT THE??????? So I say "Show me" and grabbed the camera. And this is what I saw...



A little head popping over the fence...(standing on the dog kennel, I'm assuming)...

...a leg hoist over the top...not letting the pretty dress interfere with the whole process...

...a careful hoist of the other leg...


...a precarious swing off the top of the fence...



...and the ever-so-graceful landing....

...and straight through the house to have another go!
I was both speechless and impressed at the same time. When I told my hubby and the other kids, they didn't believe me so I'm glad I have photographic evidence. Looks like I might have to look at installing some additional security measures around here!
Have a great day
TTFN xxx




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ha Ha.. what a crack-up & so tipycal of our beloved Merryn.. im amazed she hadled it so well in her cute little dress. yes Merryn "your a big girl now". love daddy xx

Tracey said...

hehe thats so cute and very clever of your little girl Suzi she looks to little to be climbing a fence,I love the shot of her hanging from the fence getting ready to land :)

Kris said...

OMG... that's pretty scary.. i'm just waiting for Sam to do something like that!!!