Saturday, December 27, 2008

Lazy summer days...

...playing on the beach, eating leftovers from the fridge, watching movies and doing stuff together...

...that's what the Christmas break means to us as a family.

To me personally, it means finding some time for scrapbooking! I was lucky enough to receive some yummy new Slice goodies under the Christmas tree...
...just seeing this sitting on my desk makes me smile :) So when I put three exhausted, happy little people to bed last night, I started pulling out the photos! Who knows what made me choose these ones!?!

I've used mostly MM papers from their Spellbound collection, some American Crafts thickers, and some old spider stickers ( from the very bottom of my embellishment drawer LOL). I cut the word "fright" from the MM Slice Noteworthy design card.
Then I pulled out the Christmas photos again...just because I have so many lovely Christmas papers still sitting on my desk, and have still only made it chronologically to 2005.



The metallic green border pattern is Little Yellow Bicycle Christmas Magic paper, and I have then traced around a MM journaling block on the remainder of the paper to give me a coordinating red one to use on the LO, and then matted that on some plain metallic green.



The background paper is from the Slice Shimmer Pack (which was also under my Christmas tree) and is gorgeous...it is a raised metallic cream...hard to see, but beautiful! I've also cut the flowers from this paper using the Slice, and the leaf from green metallic which I then embossed with the Cuttlebug. The LYB paper is also embellished with Kaiser pearls.
Hope you are enjoying some lazy summer days at your house...and finding some time to get back into scrapping if that's what you do :)
TTFN xxx



No comments: