Saturday, December 20, 2008

Plum puddings..

If you've been reading my blog for a while, you'll know I have a thing for plum puddings. I don't actually like them to eat (yuk!), but love the look of them. Apparently my Mum makes a really delicious plum pudding...I wouldn't know...haven't tried one...can't stand even the smell of them boiling on the stove....YUK!

Anyhoo....


...I came across these somewhere on the net, and couldn't resist making them with the kids this afternoon. Aren't they just the cutest?

And SOOOOO easy! Take a pack of Arnotts Royals biscuits, melt some white chocolate melts in the microwave and spoon onto the top of the biscuits. Cut up some green lollies to make "leaves" (spearmint leaves would work well, but we don't like them....so we used green frogs instead) and use a jaffa or red smartie to represent holly berries. Refrigerate....and VOILA! You have the cutest little plum puddings ever....without that nasty plum pudding taste LOL.
What a hit! We had some friends over for afternoon tea...and then some unexpected friends dropped in for some Christmas drinks as well :) and they loved them!
We also had a few pressies to wrap, and the girls got right into the spirit of things!


...and found out that gift wrapping is not quite as easy as it looks!


I thought I had better get them in training...my Christmas present is expected to arrive any day now, and I am under strict instructions not to peek, so the kids will need to do the wrapping before their daddy comes home for Christmas!
Anyone else getting excited? Not many sleeps left!
TTFN xxx


1 comment:

Chris Millar said...

These are very cute Suzi! Hope you guys have a wonderful Christmas!