Monday, December 22, 2008

A million things to do...

and I am updating my blog...go figure :)

With only a couple more sleeps till the big day, I am wondering whether I am just a little too relaxed, or if I have finally embraced what Christmas is all about...spending time with the kids, and just enjoying the festivities that are going on around me. Time will tell, I guess (and tomorrow is looking like a VERY busy day!)

Tonight we headed into the city with a couple of my dearest friends (and lots of kids) to watch a nativity play with real animals. I'm not sure what I was expecting...a bit of animal patting, some Christmas carols...certainly not the huge scene which greeted us as we walked off the train.

WOW! There were people everywhere, and we arrived quite early. We stayed up on the balcony where this photo was taken from, and didn't brave the large crowd on street level....quite a good side view, anyway :)

It was all very musical, with lots of dancing and singing. I didn't take too many photos of the actual play, but couldn't resist the three wise men on their camels...


...so cool. The kids thought it was pretty good too!
Then we jumped on the train and came home again! The train wasn't due for a while, so an impromptu game of duck-duck-goose got under way in the train station.


I love how kids just join in when they see games being played...it ended up with lots of extras taking part, and was a highlight of our evening!
Must be off to bed. I hope that all your preparations are going well for Christmas day...and that in all the rush you find some time to enjoy it!
TTFN xxx

3 comments:

Vicki said...

We saw a dress rehearsal of this on Sunday night and it was very funny!! The director kept talking over the top of everyone telling them what they were doing wrong!!! Hope they ironed out all the glitches before you saw them!

Enjoy all the celebrations for Christmas...Vicki x

Linda said...

Where do you hear about these things i didn't even know there was such a thing or maybe my kids are older and would rather shop with all the crowds at the Gallers (as Caitlin calls it). Too busy for me I just dropped her of for a couple of hours.
I am all done now and ready for christmas day.
Linda

Suzanne said...

Merry Christmas to you and your family.