Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Feeling festive :)

Is it just me, or is it really starting to feel like Christmas?

All the little projects that I've been working on are starting to take shape, activities are starting to wind down for the year, the weather is heating up, and I can feel the excitement building in our house...and those chocolate advent calendars are getting emptier and emptier every day!

Merryn has her last day of 3 year old Kindy today, and I am feeling a little sad that it's all over, but so excited for what lies ahead for her next year. I stayed up late last night finishing off her dress...


...and was so thrilled that it came together without too many hiccups. The fabric is so very cute, and she loves it. She ran around this morning telling everyone that Mummy made her dress, and that she has matching ribbons...that makes it worthwhile :)

I also made a couple more card sets for her teachers...


...this one from the Making Memories Noteworthy 2 range, with a bit of bling added. Love the colours in this set.

So that's now all the teacher pressies taken care of, and another thing ticked off my to-do list!
I had been teaching Merryn to write her name a few weeks back, and yesterday she surprised me by doing this all by herself...



She missed the "y", but I was thrilled that she remembered the rest! My girl was just full of surprises yesterday!
On another note....have you checked out the new Ali Edwards stamps that are in the Scrapsidaisy shop? HOW COOL!!! Pop over to www.scrapsidaisy.com for a look...I haven't seen them anywhere else in Australia yet, so if you have been after some (like me) you'd better be quick, as I know stocks are limited.
OK, I had better be off...lots to do today! Hope you are getting through your Christmas to-do list :)
TTFN xxx


1 comment:

Linda said...

The dress looks fantastic you are so clever. The cards look great as well. Not feeling that festive yet-had some bad family news-our christmas will be fairly quiet now as my brother,sister-in-law and kids had to go to the UK urgently so it will be really quiet around our christmas table. Oh well that's life.
Have a good night
Linda