Monday, December 29, 2008

Goodbye 2005...and other UFO's!

Yes...you did read correctly. Goodbye Christmas photos from 2005, but not sure whether it will be "hello 2006" yet :) Still lots of yummy Christmas papers sitting around that I am itching to use, so we'll call it a maybe.

These papers are from the Little Yellow Bicycle Christmas Magic range (again). FAR too beautiful to cut too much, so I worked around the words, and kept it fairly simple. The embellishments are MM Fa La La, and Daisy D's chipboard word, with some machine stitching thrown in.

I've been having a bit of a tidy up in my scrap space, and came across a bulging paper bag, filled with Cosmo Cricket papers and diecuts...in quilters terms, a "UFO" (unfinished object).

Over a year ago, I bought a class kit from Tomorrows Memories for a Card Keeper (designed by Tracey) which I loved, and was made from a favourite paper range, "Dutch Girl" by Cosmo Cricket. I planned to make it for myself, and make another for my sisters' birthday in February. I couldn't buy the extra materials in Dutch Girl, so decided to make my sisters' in "Hey Sugar". I stuffed it up when I was trying to bind it, and had to start again...but couldn't buy any more Hey Sugar either. So I used another range, "Gretel" instead.

My sisters birthday was fast approaching, so I sent her the Card Keeper in Dutch Girl (my favourite), and never did finish another one....thus the bulging bag of Cosmo Cricket papers!

The point here? Last night I finally finished the "Gretel" Card Keeper.


Maybe not as gorgeous as the Dutch Girl one...but finished none-the-less.


Some of the inside pages...

And it felt good to have it finished! I showed Lydia the less-than-perfectly bound "Hey Sugar" Card Keeper this morning, and of course she wants me to finish it for her. All good...and one less UFO sitting in my cupboard!
I'm thinking I might have to make 2009 the "Year of the UFO"...completing part-finished projects that are cluttering up my cupboards.
Does anyone else have UFO's? Or is it just me?
TTFN xxx




2 comments:

Linda said...

I have 3 quilt kits here which cost hundreds of dollars and I havent even cut them out yet. They are my UFO's b/c I came across scrapbooking and haven't quilted much since.Cant say that I have many scrapbooking UFO's though :)
Linda

cutejoshy said...

hey feel sorry for you selling that great bike very nice the blog autor may have trouble working out who this is lol