Friday, December 12, 2008

Of mother-in-laws and miracles...

I am very blessed to have a wonderful Mother-in-law...from what I understand, not many people can say that :) She sends my kids parcels, and rings every now and then to chat and catch up on all the news. She lives a long long way away, so doesn't get to see much of us. She is a very practical woman too...which makes her very difficult to buy for at Christmas, as "practical" doesn't usually travel well in a Post-Pak!

For the last couple of Christmases, I have made up an album for her and my father-in-law...not a scrapped one (although my DH asked why not??? hmmmm) but one with lots and lots of photos of our happenings throughout the year. This is one of the projects that has been keeping me busy...organising 200-odd photos is a pretty big job!

So this is the front page...not overly artistic, but does the job. I have posted this, along with all the other gifts that head to the Eastern States, today...and what a relief that is.

I also scrapped a page last night...and NOT a Christmas page either :)

These are the cartwheel photos from a while back...

I set about doing this with a little challenge in mind...to scrap a page using some older papers and products, rather than reaching for new stuff just because it's covering my desk! So I rediscovered my old favourite, Chatterbox, from a few years back now. I loved this range, so much so that I still have it all, because I couldn't bare to cut it! The purple is a piece of Doodlebug felt which I had high hopes of cutting with my Slice machine...but that wasn't to be. I've even used a Heidi Swapp bling flower centre...haven't had those out for years!

If you click on the image, you should be able to read the journaling, which has nothing really to do with cartwheels, but is about my little girls hips. I was inspired to 'dig a bit deeper' after seeing Linda's LO (www.texmorg.blogspot.com) about her son...so thanks for the inspiration Linda xxx

If you haven't had a laugh today, check out the link on my previous post :)

TTFN xxx

2 comments:

Linda said...

Gee thanks. I cant believe that I actually inspired some one. Its a pity that your in laws aren't PC users b/c that would be the easiest way for them to keep up to date.
I just love the Santame, it's great. Have I already said how much i like your bew blog b/c I am saying it again.
XxX Linda

Unknown said...

YOU HAVE TOLD A FABULOUS STORY ON THE CARTWHEEL LO SUZI, I REALLY LOVE IT!